Tom Diehl on 10 Oct 2006 22:30:30 -0000

Re: Connecting to a Windows share

On Mon, 9 Oct 2006, Jim DeCaro wrote:

I tried that, but I do not know the format.  I tried typing like a host
file, i.e.:

jim <password>

Go to a command line anf type the following:

"smbpasswd -a jim" and follow the prompts.

You MUST have an smbpasswd file in the place specified by /etc/samba/smb.conf

By default that is /etc/samba/smbpasswd.

I have never used Suse so the above file locations could be different.

You may need to season the above paths to taste.

BTW there are no files. mailman does not allow attachments. Put the revelent
parts and ONLY the revelent parts inline.

Regards,

Tom

Is there syntax involved in this? I used the GUI to open the file, type it in, then saved the file. Still no luck.