Re: fosstodon.org

From: goossbears <acohen36@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: One off Pi Day
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 16:15:29 -0700 (PDT)

On Friday, September 13, 2019 at 8:59:43 AM UTC-7, goossbears wrote:

Also, posted notice of the One-off Pi Day on Mastodon at https://fosstodon.org/@aaronco36/102783211989286089/

and submitted to the BerkeleyLUG site https://berkeleylug.com/ earlier
this morning the post 'One-off Pi Day and Search for new locale'

Hope that this helps!
-A

Apparently, that new post went by default to
https://berkeleylug.wordpress.com
<https://berkeleylug.wordpress.com/2019/09/13/one-off-pi-day-and-search-for-new-locale/>
, so am unsure if/when it'll appear there rather than on Michael P's "new"
balug (BALUG.org) virtual machine
host for https://berkeleylug.com -- note the additional "wordpress" text
sandwiched between "berkeleylug." and ".com" in just the "old" site.
Here is my post from this morning, just in case the WordPress people (via
https://berkeleylug.wordpress.com/2019/09/13/one-off-pi-day-and-search-for-new-locale/
) or Michael P somehow aren't able to get it out fairly soon ...

Well, I'm quite unfamiliar with fosstodon.org,
about all I've got on it is on:
https://www.wiki.balug.org/wiki/doku.php?id=berkeleylug:digital_resources
I noted:
Fosstodon instance on Mastodon
https://fosstodon.org/@berkeleylug
Creator and owner: Aaron Cohen
... so ... Aaron ... perhaps you can figure out how to
(re)configure fosstodon.org/@berkeleylug so it (also) goes to
https://berkeleylug.com/ (in some appropriate place), and
no longer goes to:
https://berkeleylug.wordpress.com/ - that being the "old" vestigial
site, which ought be ignored by search engines and most humans (it
never was the canonical URL - or at least not in many many years - it
would just HTTP 301 redirect to https://berkeleylug.wordpress.com/ ...
only now that we've moved off of it is it set to no longer redirect
(we we can check/compare to old content for a bit, if/when we might
have any reason to).  Intent is we'll get rid of berkeleylug.wordpress.com
in the not too horribly distant future ... so no real reason to be updating
or posting to there.