Scott Fraser on 13 Nov 2008 11:43:29 -0800

Re: next talk after Clojure?

  • From: Scott Fraser <Scott.E.Fraser@gmail.com>
  • To: Philly Lambda <philly-lambda@googlegroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: next talk after Clojure?
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 11:43:19 -0800 (PST)
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlegroups.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:x-sender:x-apparently-to :mime-version:received:date:in-reply-to:x-ip:references:user-agent :x-http-useragent:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:reply-to:sender:precedence:x-google-loop :mailing-list:list-id:list-post:list-help:list-unsubscribe :x-beenthere-env:x-beenthere; bh=74u0uDL7uHOEEkpMJ4C8jKmFEDGQD3qX/zTNtP9luVg=; b=EvrxBPGVfhMRVv3SbJ/m6Wg7tIafyR7oqtuYzLmdlkOkIyjR5+UrjeclsEKpvrLYmE EpzaRhNjiULIEPXTEveVQJoOPS2dF9uwuotIW3JbofU3w9MUshAZdvPJJJEEdGpDV9PB 1gv5mBvmesop/hmvfXfiB0qXGDw2siMFJ9t98=
  • Mailing-list: list philly-lambda@googlegroups.com; contact philly-lambda+owner@googlegroups.com
  • Sender: philly-lambda@googlegroups.com

I have one potential future speaker in mind I would like to suggest,
but unfortunately he is tied up in law school right now. He worked in
a "large" lisp shop - team based lisp programming on a large scale!
Government related stuff. I asked him today if he would be interested
in speaking, and he said yes but it might be quite a while (like 2010)
before he has time. Paul Graham and other old-skool Lisp grey-beards
apparently worked at this same shop.

I'll keep bugging him. maybe we could bribe him with something. I want
to hear about how they did lisp "in the large".

-Scott