Steve Eichert on 4 May 2006 12:57:35 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] MacBook Choices

Yeah I think I'll definitely be making a stop at the Apple Store to check it out.  Thanks for the thoughts!

On 5/4/06, Tom Lieber < alltom@gmail.com> wrote:
On 5/3/06, Steve Eichert < steve.eichert@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been trying to decide between the 15" and 17" as well.  With the price
> of the 17" being cheaper then a 15" (both maxed out at 2.16g and 2GB RAM)
> I'm tempted to go with the 17".  I currently have a Toshiba Tablet which is
> only a 12" screen so I'm not sure if the 17" will be way to big or not.
> Anyone out there with a 17" have any insight into how "clunky" it is.  Is
> the extra processor and RAM worth the extra cash?  I usually max things out
> since it stays closer to the top of the line longer that way :)
>
> Any thoughts?

I got a Dell with a 17" screen because I wanted a desktop computer
replacement, and it's great to work and watch movies on. You
definitely find yourself considering and reconsidering whether you
*really* need your computer when you go places, though. As a student,
it's annoying because the only bag it fits in is its big, leather
laptop bag.

Sincerely,

Tom Lieber
http://AllTom.com/