Mat Schaffer on 10 Nov 2006 12:26:47 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] Center City Meeting @ Comcast

On Nov 9, 2006, at 10:34 AM, Christopher Continanza wrote:
Hey Guys:
I'd like to see "philly" pub nite be in Center City (I live there) all the time only because the "philly" Rails User Group meetings are NEVER in center city. If we would alternate pub nites, why not alternate the user group meetings too? Comcast did offer their building and I'm assuming its not much of a pub so it seems like it would be good for presentations.
Cheers,
Chris

Personally, I wasn't planning on alternating the PubNite. 'Course if someone wants to secure a suburban location, more power to 'em. I'm a city boy, though, so you can't count on me there.

And Comcast has a pretty strict no-alcohol policy, so I doubt it'd make much of a Pub. Sorry :)

Oh and since I wasn't real clear in my last post, +1 for alternating locations.

I see Cassius' point, but it seems like people want a CC meeting. It'd be a shame to delay that for political reasons. I say use it for now and keep looking for an alternate.

-Mat