Flinn Mueller on 28 Feb 2007 17:12:57 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] rails fastcgi issues

Are you using mod_fcgid (comes with PSA8.1) or fastcgi?

On PSA8.1 for FreeBSD6 I had to app an 'apps' directory to $HOME then put my apps there then copy public/* to $HOME/httpdocs, then replace my apps public director with a link to httpdocs, like so
cp -R apps/typo/public/* httpdocs
cd apps/typo
mv public public_orig
ln -s ../../httpdocs public
chown -R myusername:psasrv *

Then I make sure to comment out the AddType for fastcgi in .htaccess as well as setting dispatch.fcgi

Then make sure all of the permissions were correct for my user, including logs, tmp, etc.  Then usually it is a matter of rooting through several log files to figure out the problem.

It's an ordeal at this point and I can't see how they make the claim that they "Support Rails".