Mat Schaffer on 12 Jul 2007 15:56:16 -0000

[PhillyOnRails] Globlize slides

Hey, folks, here's that globalize presentation as a pdf:

http://www.phillyonrails.org/community/Globalize? action=AttachFile&do=get&target=mschaffer-globlize.pdf

I linked it into the Past Meetings page as well.

Also there were a couple of questions that I managed to dig up answers for.

1. In-model translations appear to totally break on common languages but different countries. The generator creates invalid ruby if you try to use the full iso locale code.

2. There is a simple solution for using HTTP Accept-Language header implemented on Sven's blog here:
http://www.artweb-design.de/2006/12/3/some-common-questions-on- getting-started-get-on-rails-with-globalize

Thanks for coming!
Mat