Toby DiPasquale on 23 Jul 2007 15:52:45 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] Somewhat OT, Statistics

On Sun, Jul 22, 2007 at 08:37:39PM -0400, Randy Schmidt wrote:
> Ok, I've heard Toby talk about statistics for two whole Philly
> Pubnites and then this article pops up:
>
> http://www.zedshaw.com/rants/programmer_stats.html
>
> I'm thinking I should brush up on statistics since there are now two
> people whom I watch and listen to when it comes to tech are talking
> about statistics.
>
> Toby et al: any suggestions on references for "normal" statistics
> and/or whatever it is you talked about at the pubnite?

There is a sort of interesting site for getting some practice looking at
and manipulating data:

http://www.swivel.com/

I found them recently and thought it was kinda cool if you're into graphs
and whatnot. Might be a good testbed for battling real-world data whilst
learning statistical methods.

--
Toby DiPasquale