Toby DiPasquale on 24 Jul 2007 21:22:28 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] Somewhat OT, Statistics

On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 02:56:24PM -0400, Aaron Blohowiak wrote:
> Don't forget OpenCourseWare
>
> http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Mathematics/18-05Spring-2005/CourseHome/index.htm

Yeah, I was initially excited about OCW, but after reviewing a bunch of
the courses up there, I found the lecture notes to be almost worthless
unless you're willing to also buy the book, and even then the notes might
be worthless (some of them are actually scanned in and are quite hard to
read).

OCW is great for MIT but not so great if you're not an MIT student with
access to the professor to ask what the hell he meant on this or that
page.

--
Toby DiPasquale