rGeoffrey on Tue, 1 May 2001 10:51:50 -0400

Calendar (was Re: website)

On Tue, May 01, 2001 at 09:46:02AM -0400, Kyle R . Burton wrote:
> > What is the url of this list's web site.  When, where do we meet. When's
> > the next meeting.

With Conference Season upon us, it is time to fill in the calendar for the summer. This version manages to get Memorial Day, Montreal, San Diego, and Labor Day into weeks with no local meeting.

Rumor has it that we have a visitor for June 4, so we may have to swap dinner and the technical meeting in June. And we need to choose the best day to travel to Baltimore.

But this list should be close enough for government work so pencil these in on your calendars now.

PS. We still need to be decisive about where to eat on May 7.
PPS.  Today is the last day to volunteer to be heckled at YAPC.

D = Dinner, T = Technical Talk, C = Conference, H = Holiday, R = Roadtrip

May
Tue 1 Deadline for presentations at YAPC (http://www.yapc.org/America/cfp.shtml)
Mon 7 D Dinner at a place to be announced
Mon 14 ------
Mon 21 T Technical Talk, possibly a practice for conference speakers
Mon 28 H Memorial Day

June
Mon 4 D Dinner at a place to be announced
Mon 11 ------
12-17 C YAPC::America::North in Montreal (http://www.yapc.org/America)
Mon 18 T Technical Talk
Fri 22 Deadline to save up to $400 at TPC 5.0 (http://conferences.oreillynet.com/cs/os2001/pub/10/register.html)
Mon 25 ------

July
Mon  2 D  Dinner at a place to be announced (may move to Wednesday)
Wed  4  H Independence Day
Fri  6  R Phillies at Baltimore, 7:05 p.m. with DC.pm and Baltimore.pm?
Sat  7  R Phillies at Baltimore, 7:05 p.m. with DC.pm and Baltimore.pm?
Sun  8  R Phillies at Baltimore, 1:35 p.m. with DC.pm and Baltimore.pm?
Mon  9    ------
Sun 15  R New York Yankees at Phillies, 1:35 p.m. with NY.pm?
Mon 16 T  Technical Talk
Mon 23    ------
23-27   C TPC 5.0 in San Diego (http://conferences.oreilly.com/perl)
Mon 30 D  Dinner at a place to be announced

August
2-4     C YAPC::Europe in Amsterdam (http://www.yapc.org/Europe)
Mon  6    ------
Mon 13 T  Technical Talk
Mon 20    ------
Mon 27 D  Dinner at a place to be announced

September
Mon  3  H Labor Day
Sat  8  R 9:46:40pm EDT, A Party One Billion Seconds in the Making