Kyle R . Burton on Wed, 8 Aug 2001 11:09:00 -0400

Re: can you create an access mdb file with DBD::ODBC?

> | What I also want is to be able to go the other way.
> |

> how about mysqldump?

Does that need to be run from the same host that the mysql server is on?
Can it create an mdb file?

I'm targeting end users that can basicly use MS Access, but don't
necessarily know how to export/import data to upload/download it from
the mysql server.

mysqldump is along the lines of what I'm looking for, I just need it to
be a point click and drool application that any win32 user off the
street could be trained to use in about 5min.

I think I can get there [quickly] with Perl/Tk (and perl2exe).  I've
decided to (for now) do it the hard way, and just put a base64
encoded copy of a blank mdb file right into the application.  That way
it can write out a new, blank db whenever it wants.

Thanks again,
Kyle