Phil R Lawrence on Mon, 4 Aug 2003 16:28:43 -0400

No Conference at Lehigh University (in 2004)

Bottom line:  I found helpful people, but this sort of thing isn't often done at Lehigh.  Thus it would require some real time and effort on their part to help me make a proposal happen.  I think it would be stretching it to and push something through for 2004.

Longer account:  After spinning my wheels with the wrong people, I spoke with our Registrar (and another person with contacts in the computer science dept).  I have helped the Registrar before with projects, and he seemed very willing to help schedule the conference.  However, LU rarely has conferences due to almost continuous classroom utilization.  Basically, the *only* week clear of utilization is July 4th.  :-(

However, a 3 day break does often appear between spring and summer semesters.  So while I don't think I can push it this year, if I start early in 2004, I should be able to get a decent proposal for 2005.

Phil
-