Jeff Abrahamson on 25 Jan 2004 20:00:54 -0000

Re: Should we reschedule tomorrow's meeting?

On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 02:40:51PM -0500, Walt Mankowski wrote:
>   [22 lines, 143 words, 823 characters]  Top characters: eonairsh
>
> So, they're saying 4-6 inches of snow overnight, and messy driving
> conditions tomorrow.  I hate trying to make these decisions before a
> single flake has fallen, but I kind of feel like we need to start
> making some contingency plans for the weather.
>
> There are 3 obvious courses of action we can take:
>
> 1. Say screw the weather and hold the meeting anyway.
>
> 2. Reschedule the meeting, most likely until next Monday, February 2.
>
> 3. Wait and see what conditions are like tomorrow.

Is there a benefit to choosing (2) over (3)?

Admittedly, I'm not likely to be there regardless of snow, but I must
admit I've never quite understood this peculiarity of the Philadelphia
region to cancel events well before, just in case.

Given that everyone knows that it's worth checking their mail to see
what happens, what is gained by deciding now instead of tomorrow at 4
p.m., except that deciding now risks canceling without need?

--
 Jeff

-