Walt Mankowski on 30 Jun 2006 03:03:11 -0000

Re: meetings and time

On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 10:14:15PM -0400, James Keenan wrote:
> 2.  From past participation in YAPC, I know that those people are
> sociable (spell:  beer).
> 3.  If 1-2 people took the initiative to organize 6-9 social meetings
> over the next 12 months, that would be great!  As ny.pm has
> demonstrated, purely social meetings do not have to be scheduled on
> the same day every month in order to succeed (though I think that
> would be helpful).

When I first took over the group we'd talked about having someone else
organize the social meetings.  Somehow that never really happened and
that fell on me, too.  Attendence at those meetings was steadily
dropping, and discussions about them generated practically no traffic
on the list.  After organizing several in a row where only one or two
people showed up, I gave up and stopped trying to organize them.  If
someone else would like to step up and do this, be my guest.

Walt