Walt Mankowski on 21 Jan 2009 08:47:41 -0800

Re: REMINDER: Tech meeting tonight at Voicestar

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 11:31:27AM -0500, Christopher Nehren wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 10:18:24 -0500 , Walt Mankowski wrote:
> > Don't forget we're having a tech meeting tonight.  I"ll be giving a
> > talk on becoming a Perl one-liners ninja.
> >
> > We'll be meeting at the center city offices of Voicestar.  They're at
> > 1315 Walnut St. (entrance between Bronte and Naked Chocolate), suite
> > 1532.  You'll need to sign in at the security desk before heading
> > upstairs.  The meeting will start at 7 PM.
>
> Looking to make my first appearance at PHL.pm tonight. I'm arriving in
> Philadelphia by train and was wondering if there's any schedule for when
> the talk will finish so I know which train to catch home. Thanks!

Christopher,

Glad to hear you'll be joining us tonight!  Unfortunately we don't
have a really precise schedule.  The talk won't start right at 7.
Typically we sit around and chat for a while, talk about perl news,
introduce outselves, etc. before we get started.  The talk itself
should last about 45 minutes, so if I get started around 7:30, it
should be done around 8:15 or so.  But that's just an estimate;
sometimes meetings have gone longer, sometimes shorter.  Afterwards
some of us will likely go out and get some dinner.

At least two of us (myself included) will be taking the R5 home
afterwards, and we're always having to time when we leave to catch the
train.  But it's usually not a big deal.

Walt