Chris Nehren on 4 Jul 2010 07:33:33 -0700

Re: tech events around Philadelphia

  • From: Chris Nehren <cnehren@pobox.com>
  • To: phl@lists.pm.org
  • Subject: Re: tech events around Philadelphia
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 10:33:01 -0400
  • Sender: owner-phl@lists.pm.org

On Sun, 4 Jul 2010 13:38:30 +0000
"Dan Webster" <websco137@gmail.com> wrote:

> I use Perl at work full time to maintain and add functionality to our
> department's website on our intranet. We support over 5000 users
> worldwide who use our pages for batch flow monitoring.
>
> Also, I use Perl to build a variety of conversion scripts, compliance
> validation scans, and a host of other things.

That sounds awesome, I'd love to hear more about it.

> Personally, I'd love an active group of perl
> hackers/professionals/enthusiasts etc, who one a month or so, just
> want to out of their moms basement, or out of the office to share
> stories and techniques. And come away feeling better about both Perl
> and their fellow Perl programmers.

Sure. How about we get an informal meeting going, or you can come to
the hackadelphia meeting? You can also drop by #phl.pm on irc.perl.org
and we can talk more informally before proposing something to the list.
I'm apeiron there.

... and as I type this I see waltman beat me to it.

> Tell me that's what this is, and I'm there... If not, where do I sign
> up for that?

Not sure what you mean by 'this'--do you mean a hypothetical meeting as
you've described above, hackadelphia, or something else?

--
Thanks and best regards,
Chris Nehren