[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
Re: tech events around Philadelphia
- From: Daniel Webster <email@example.com>
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: tech events around Philadelphia
- Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 11:49:12 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=fUZyClIB6EYra3CsRBS/XcOb2sD4NXTsf8ZNo/4ealA=; b=QnWxna0Fa5M65Ho8U9Q+/ii8pMXUKm2R7CiFupm2/SNhCa6OHhtEbr7wcoFN6zmmL7 A1QxOFJLS0E3clV7yxNLnKx04RnABgnBGz0MxlszquzzhMALU6LUM3v459bB37FHwFp1 /+Ul8clS4kPU53KEz5VD3pDcIJQyeEk3MpfCU=
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry for the late response. My family caught me BlackBerrying yesterday and I was scolded by my kids, wife, friends etc.
I'm a bit of a workaholic, so after I was grilled, I chilled and just enjoyed the day, internet free.
Whew... thankfully, today things are now back to normal.
Looking forward to swapping stories and improving on techniques.
Yesterday, my statement "Tell me that's what this is..." was in reference to the get together that is currently being formed in this email exchange. I'm not exactly clear on the agenda, format etc... being formulated, so I'm say saying that it would be cool if this impending meeting was in a format that allowed us each to just chat and perhaps run thru some formalized agenda, like speakers or something to that effect.
I've never attended, but plan to, so I have no idea what has been done before.
On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 10:33 AM, Chris Nehren <email@example.com>
That sounds awesome, I'd love to hear more about it.
On Sun, 4 Jul 2010 13:38:30 +0000
"Dan Webster" <firstname.lastname@example.org
> I use Perl at work full time to maintain and add functionality to our
> department's website on our intranet. We support over 5000 users
> worldwide who use our pages for batch flow monitoring.
> Also, I use Perl to build a variety of conversion scripts, compliance
> validation scans, and a host of other things.
Sure. How about we get an informal meeting going, or you can come to
> Personally, I'd love an active group of perl
> hackers/professionals/enthusiasts etc, who one a month or so, just
> want to out of their moms basement, or out of the office to share
> stories and techniques. And come away feeling better about both Perl
> and their fellow Perl programmers.
the hackadelphia meeting? You can also drop by #phl.pm on irc.perl.org
and we can talk more informally before proposing something to the list.
I'm apeiron there.
... and as I type this I see waltman beat me to it.
Not sure what you mean by 'this'--do you mean a hypothetical meeting as
> Tell me that's what this is, and I'm there... If not, where do I sign
> up for that?
you've described above, hackadelphia, or something else?
- Dan Webster