Chris Nehren on 16 Nov 2011 20:29:55 -0800

Re: [Philadelphia-pm] Persistent data directory

On Nov 16, 2011, at 13:34, Nate Smith wrote:

> How much data are you talking about?  If it's reasonably small, and you are
> definitely only working with Win32, you could always consider keeping it in the
> registry.

What benefit does keeping it in the registry gain? Keeping things there makes it more difficult to get them out later (have to use specialized tooling); one has to consider where to store it (the registry is not really the simplest datastore); one has to consider possible loss of data in the event of a corrupted registry; and I can't see any real benefit.

--
Thanks and best regards,
Chris Nehren