Martin DiViaio on Thu, 29 Oct 1998 07:55:20 -0500 (EST)

Re: sorry...

Igor Grobman wrote:

> On  0, LeRoy D. Cressy wrote
> > Igor Grobman wrote:
> > >

> > > We used to have a separate plug-announce list, but I thought that we decided
> > > not to have it anymore.  It's not a problem to reinstate it if there is
> > > interest.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Proudly running Debian Linux! Linux vs. Windows is a no-Win situation....
> > > Igor Grobman           igor@debian.org                 igor@igoria.net
> >
> > Hi Igor,
> >
> > I think that this should be briught up at the meeting on
> > Nov. 4.  One of the things that might be instituted is a
> > news group for plug.  IE comp.os.plug.announce.  Possibly
> > this news group could be limited to just isp's in the Philly
> > area.

Big 8 wouldn't be the place for it then. Mabye pa.* or phil.* (If it
exhists for Philly specifically...)

> > These are just suggestions and let me know what you think.
>
> Well, let me preface this by saying that I am in Columbus, OH right now
> and my interest in PLUG is purely fictional ;-).  Anyway, I suppose
> setting up a newsgroup is a decent idea, but I am again the wrong person
> to ask since I never seriously used newsgroups.  I prefer email.

Different strokes, etc... Since my e-mail program is also my mail
reader, for me, the difference is moot.

> I know there are people who are just as committed to newsgroups
> as I am to email ;-), so it might be a good idea to have a (maybe
> one-way) newsgroup-list gateway.  This should satisfy everyone.

Actually, the only  problem I would see with converting this list to a
news group would be justification. Generally, no matter what hierarchy
you choose, you have to be able to prove that the news group would get
regular traffic.

Opps, another problem... SPAM! Newsgroups get it on a fairly regular
basis. I haven't subscribed to this list long enough to find out if it
gets any spam.

--
                    /)-._    Time : Thu Oct 29 07:30:37 1998
                   Y. ' _]