David E. Edwards on Thu, 14 Jan 1999 18:32:36 -0500 (EST)

Re: Newbie - struggling with printer

artworks wrote:

> Hi -
>
>    I'm still struggling with the basics of getting up and running.
>
>    Typing  "lpr" produces 'can't  transfer to ps@art" (I used art
> as my system id).

<SNIP>
The last I looked, if you are running Redhat, I think that they use
enscript, but their printtool is quite good for setting up printers.
I personally use apsfilter, which has a good CLI script for configuring
/etc/printcap, etc.  Most distro's include apsfilter somewhere in their
package list.