artworks on Sat, 16 Jan 1999 23:49:18 -0500 (EST)

Newbie still struggling - very basic questions

To PLUG

Question #1 - VERY EASY???

   Having created a script file that seems useful to have at
startup - how do I get it executed. (I'm looking for the
equivalent of DOS autoexec.bat)

  I have created a script file which more or less gets some
of my sound features running. I tested it several times and
it seems to work, so I added a line pointing to it at
the end of /etc/inittab. It does not seem to get executed.
Where should I put it ?

Question #2 -
    At the suggestion of one of the internet help files, I copied
the script I referred to above.

  The final line is:

insmod op13 io=0x388

  This results in a message:
     Can't open /libs/modules/misc/op13.o

   I created a link such that this is a meaningful command (linking
to the same named file in another directory) - I guess insmod is
pointing to a directory convention from an installation other than
the Caldera version I'm using.

  - What is this statement trying to do? Should I try to fix this and
how?

Question #3
    I finally have Dr. Dos pointing to my DOS drives. Id\s there
some way to get the DOS assign command working so that I can
point the C-pseudo drive to another letter and then assign my
'real' c drive to C: ????

Thanks
Arthur Newmark MS MD L1