Rebecca Ore on Mon, 18 Jan 1999 18:56:21 -0500 (EST)

Re: Please don't email me and cc the list

On Mon, Jan 18, 1999 at 06:24:14PM -0500, Roger Scudder wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Jan 1999, Rebecca Ore wrote:
>
> > If anyone needs help setting up procmail, don't use the latest RedHat
> > rpm for that either.
>
> really?  What's the problem with it?

It's for qmail and won't work with sendmail directories.  Of course, if
you have qmail, it's fine.  Otherwise, things bounce to high heaven
unless you have your /var/spool/ set up in qmail files, something like
/var/spool/mail/r/re/rebecca, rather than /var/spool/mail/rebecca.  If you
have many users, the qmail directory structure will be file, but you
will also need qmail.

I take it that RH 5.2 uses qmail.

--
Rebecca Ore