Jerry McMunn on Sat, 6 Mar 1999 08:23:04 -0500 (EST)

Help Request

I'm trying to install Redhat Linux 5.2 and have 3 problems/questions.

1.) Autoprobing my SCSI card appears to lock the system (I've waited 10
minutes for it to complete before giving up). I'm using an Adaptec
AHA-1542CF v2.01. I have disabled the on-board floppy drive controller
since I'm using the one on the main board. Connected to the SCSI board is
an Exabyte 8mm external tape drive. Any ideas?

2.) My motherboard has an on-board SIS 530 video controller which appears
to be unsupported. Any ideas?

3.) My monitor is an old NEC SVGA Model JC-1431VMA (not a Multisync). This
too is unsupported. I do not have the manual so I do not know the specs to
enter manually. The NEC site does not list the monitor. Any ideas?

Thank you for your time and for any assistance you may offer. Please e-mail
me at the address below.

Jerry McMunn

jerry_mcmunn@pipeline.com