Martin DiViaio on Thu, 15 Apr 1999 08:03:12 -0400 (EDT)

Re: Problem with the clock

Sorry it took so long to reply to this. I've been behind on a few things
lately.

Ok, I've managed to find out what my problem is. It appears that APM is
causing the system clock to shutdown. Basically what happens is when the
system goes idle the cpu shuts down. This will (of course) stop the
system clock.

Someone in comp.os.linux gave me a link to a web page describing how to
fix it. The short version is I have to edit apm_bios.c in the kernel
source and compile the kernel (again) so that when the system resumes it
will automatically update the system clock.

The funny part about this is that I have APM in my BIOS set to "Off in
AC" mode. So I don't know if the cpu shut down is a bug in the BIOS or
it is intentional.

Oh well...

Thank you for listening (reading... :)

--