Jason Costomiris on Thu, 15 Apr 1999 09:34:15 -0400 (EDT)

Re: Single Sign On for Linux

On Tue, Apr 13, 1999 at 10:35:15AM -0400, Scott R. Myers wrote:
: 2) RADIUS - Seems like a good way to cover all bases but I can't (I haven't
: looked to hard) find a way for RADIUS client support to be integrated into
: a Linux login.

There's always pam_radius.so...

Check out the PAM modules page:
http://www.um.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/modules.html

I'm guessing you'd need to mod /etc/pam.d/login (and friends) to
contain a line something like:

password required /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so radius shadow nullok use_authtok

Be careful.  Horsing around with the pam auth files is like Russian
roulette, unless you're absolutely sure of what you're doing..  Of course,
there's always single user mode. :-)

--
                 Jason Costomiris <><
            Technologist, cryptogeek, human.