Jonathan Disher on Fri, 14 May 1999 19:36:20 -0400 (EDT)

Re: RH Linux and backlash

I agree wholeheartedly with this email (and am including it for the
benefit of another list... please keep the crossposts to a minimum).

HOWEVER..... As my classmate, coworker, and fellow Linux zealot knows, I
have a different spin on this.

Everyone, think back to the most recent installation of Linux you
performed.  I myself installed redhat 5.2 on my dual 233MMX system.  OK,
so for the first 5 minutes, it was a redhat 5.2 box.  Then I customized
it... a LOT.  I replaced about 30 packages with custom installs (sendmail,
apache, etc).  I configged everything the way I like it (AND I DODNT USE
REDHATS UTIL), manually with vi even.  It isn't a redhat 5.2 box anymore.
It's a JonaLinux (tm) box.

;-)

-jd