Xtian Betz on Mon, 7 Jun 1999 21:11:55 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [Plug] Potential new meeting place

Okay, I just recently got on this list. But I feel I am fairly dedicated to
the Linux/OSS movement, and here's just the way I feel:

I sound like a jerk, but its only once a month. You aren't being asked to
commute back and forth daily. Think of it as like a vacation. It takes some
effort, but its rewarding in the end.

And whoever said one thing we DON'T need is splintering, couldn't have been
more correct. The larger the intellectual pool, the better the group will
function.

All I ask is that everyone stops thinking whether it is convenient, but
whether they can make it or not. Period.

It is for this reason I believe CCity is the best choice. Some CCity
members don't have cars, and most Suburbanites probably do. Correct me if
I'm wrong here. Mostly everybody can make it to the city, even if it isn't
"convenient". This is not necessarily true with the burbs.

I'm sure we all know that we can't please everyone. Sacrifices are going to
need to be made. I myself live in Doylestown, and yes, getting to Philly
can be a (for lack of a better word) bitch. And I'm sure it is much more so
for others to get to CCity.

And it really seems like I'm ranting considering I've been on this list for
a week, but is just my two cents.

good luck,
-Xtian