Hugh Brock on Tue, 8 Jun 1999 15:12:25 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] DSL providers

> We offer business DSL services through lines provided by Bell Atlantic
> (ADSL only), Covad (SDSL only) and Northpoint (SDSL only).  Availability
> and pricing depend on your physical location, and what speeds are
> available to you vary by your distance from your local Bell Central
> Office.  We have ATM-based T3 (DS3) 45Mbps connections to Bell's, Covad's,
> and Northpoint's networks, so throughput across xDSL is excellent.
>
> We are also a Linux-friendly ISP!  Our technical staff use Redhat/intel
> and Redhat/alpha for their workstations, and many of our customers use
> Linux in production environments as well as from home.

Great! As I mentioned, I'm planning a low- to mid-traffic web server
over this line, mostly as an experimental platform for my own
development efforts. Our physical location is:

Diamond Rock Productions
2315A Parrish St
Philadelphia, PA 19130

Tel: 215-684-0636
Fax (this is probably the line I'd hook up): 215-684-1858

Any information you can give me about pricing and availability would be
much appreciated. I have been getting conflicting information from
various ISPs about whether COVAD service is available here and if not
when it will be. Last I heard BA was not in Center City at all yet; let
me know if that's changed.

Also, I'd appreciate any stats on connect downtime and other service
interruptions -- are you a 24/7 operation, how long does it take to fix
my router/line/firewall if it goes down, those kinds of things.

I'm tentatively interested in the 384k service although I can imagine
moving beyond that fairly quickly, depending on how things go.

Finally, if the service is not available yet, I need to do some sort of
dedicated connection, even if it's just a dial-up line; I'm tired of
sitting around waiting for this to happen <g>!

Looking forward to hearing from you,

--Hugh