Chris Fearnley on Tue, 8 Jun 1999 15:12:05 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Other considerations against splintering

Folks,

I'm tiring of the Linux splintering discussion.  The model of
community-based LUGs cannot ``splinter'', it is based on being close
and convenient, that is, ``local''.  That is why we don't have an East
Coast LUG meeting each month (or even more ridiculous would be the once
a month USA LUG).  In time there will be many more small LUGs.  Bravo:
Linux rules at even neighborhood levels!  I personally will support any
new, local groups that people want to form.  I would prefer that any
suburban LUGs that form pick a different date so people could attend
the larger, regional, Philadelphia LUG as well.  PLUG should try to
serve as large a suburban community as possible.  But we can't meet
everyone's needs and when enough of the (unfortunately) ``left out''
organize to meet their needs, I will be applauding their initiative.

Now back to the business of finding a new site ...  Any more
suggestions of new locations?  Remember there is a spiffy new Linux
license plate for whoever finds the site that we agree to use.

--
Christopher J. Fearnley          |  Linux/Internet Consulting
cjf@netaxs.com                   |  Design Science Revolutionary