Vik Bajaj on Wed, 9 Jun 1999 21:52:14 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] IP masquerading for the clueless

> ---
> So what do I have to do to get IPmasq to work?  I've compiled all the stuff
> this and try ipfwadm -F -a m -S 10.0.0.3/8 -D 0.0.0.0/0, I get "ipfwadm:
> setsockopt failed: no such file or directory".  These are commands I just

Have you upgraded to a 2.2 series kernel?  If so, you must use
ipchains in lieu of ipfwadm.  The syntax for ipchains is arguably
much more manageable for complex rulesets, but, for something simple
like this, you can just use the ipfwadm-wrapper script supplied
with the distribution of ipchains.  It will wrap your ipfwadm
commands and execute ipchains with appropriate syntax.

You'll also have to upgrade a bunch of other things that are
broken by 2.2.

Truly,
Vik