Kyle Burton on Wed, 30 Jun 1999 13:52:57 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] A question about installing Linux

I think this is the 1024 cylinder probelm.

there's something in the HOWTO/mini/LILO about booting under these
conditions...

User_Guide.ps under /usr/doc/lilo-* talks about 'LI' on page 44:

"The first stage boot laoder was able to load the second stage boot loader,
but has failed to execute it.  This can either be caused by a geometry
mismatch or by moving /boot/boot.b withougt running the map installer"

I think this still points to the 1024 problem...see the mini HOWTO
on how to get around it...

Bill? Is that you? You look different with handcuffs on.
    -- cusick.zapthis@kcco.com (http://slashdot.org)