Martin DiViaio on Wed, 7 Jul 1999 04:10:43 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Which modem to buy for Linux

Daniel G Roberts wrote:

> Hi Jason..that is what I thought..and at circuit city where I was I could not
> find a modem labeled as a WINMODEM..  are these very common?? otherwise one of
> those cheapy modems should work as long as it isn't a winmodem correct??>Dan

Stay away from USR internal modems. All of them except one (and I don't
know which one) are winmodems.

I have also been hearing bad things about PCI modems. Basically that
they work horribly or not at all under Windows.