Gregory . Josephs on Mon, 12 Jul 1999 09:57:42 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] (no subject)

Andrew Ban wrote:

> DUCK everyone "it" is gonna start to fly!!

> I have windows 98 running on a box with 256MB of memory (don't ask why it
> just happend) but to make a long story short when I boot 98 it uses 70% to
> 80% on boot up alone - if I open outlook, free agent and netscape it runs
> out of resources - problem I think so!!

> my $00.02

> Drew

I'm not sure, but I seem to recall that Windows 9x can only effectively manage
limited amounts of RAM and a very limited amount of memory reserved for system
resources.  You may be filling up the system resources memory with pointers to
RAM you can't make effective use of anyway.

GregJ