Scott R. Myers on Mon, 12 Jul 1999 23:32:53 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [Plug] (no subject)

It is true that Windows 98 (a Windows 3.1 legacy problem) does make use of
different pools of memory.  Iregardless of the amount of physical RAM in a
machine it is feasible to run out of one of these other resources (User &
GDI).

The limitation was substantially increased when Windows 95 was introduced.

Based on you bringing up only 3 apps and having a resource problem I have to
believe it's a related bug but not normal by any circumstances.

For grins you may want to dump some of your memory out depending on how it's
configured in your system and see if you get the same results with 64mb,
128mb, 192mb.

That's just a first step to isolating the problem.  Hope it helps.

srm