Ravenscroft, Philip on Wed, 21 Jul 1999 20:53:59 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] Mac File Sharing

Hi; I have a mini-network at home consisting of two Macs and a linux box
running redhat 5.2.

The kernel already had Appletalk and I installed netatalk and got the linux
box to act as a Mac fileserver.  It works OK, but the performance is
atrocious- I get better performance over a modem line!

Mac-to-mac performance is fine.  Is this a problem with netatalk being slow?
I'm considering running NFS and finding a Macintosh client for it.  Any
suggestions?

Philip Ravenscroft