Douglas A. Weber on Fri, 23 Jul 1999 23:59:02 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] Controlling access to a dos partition

Hey I need a hand to help me see the obvious.  :-)

I am running Mandrake linux 6.0 and so far I really like it.  I dual boot using lilo into either that or windows98.  I would like to have access to the windows partition (drive) from linux.  using linuxconf  as root no problem.  I would like to limit other users access to the windows partition from linux.  I read the help files in linuxconf and tried to set myself up as the default owner and gave it default rights of 700 with no luck.  I tried to chmod the directory since I was the owner and still no luck.  Anyone feel up to helpin me out?

Thanks in advance

Doug
Gotta say the more I play with linux - The more I like it!