Vale_Kenny on Mon, 26 Jul 1999 12:21:59 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Oracle8.0.5 for Linux

Hi Kevin...
 Thanks for avoiding ribbing me on the "moron" question from my X Window
questions...  Ii was at least partially a joke..I take it from the point of view
that at least I'm trying to resolve my own problems, and therefore am allowed
trivial questions from time to time...the whole give a man rice and he'll eat
for a day, teach him how to farm, and he'll eat fro the rest of them.  However,
ya gotta tell him to put gas into the tractor tank, or else all of your other
teachings are pretty useless...

Anyway, to the Oracle question...
in 2.4 of the install manual from Oracle, it states...
"Configure the LINUX kernel Interprocess Communication (IPC) Parameters to
accomodate the SGA structure of the Oracle 8 Server"
My question is...How?  the 'ipcs' command doesn't help me, the ipcs man pages do
not indicate any ability to modify settings, and the Oracle Install Giude is of
0 help.
Help?

Thanks,
Vale