umweber on Mon, 2 Aug 1999 23:31:55 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] Recompiling Slackware boot disk kernels

On my 80 meg seagate mfm hard drive, I am attempting to install Slackware.
It doesn't look as bad as I've heard... but I don't even get to the fdisk
part yet..  Anyway, the xt.i image wasn't finding the drive, so I looked
in xd.c in the kernel source, and added in the info for the card I was
using.  Now I need to recompile the kernel, and put it on the
boot/installation disk I am using, but the problem is that I don't know
what options were turned off and on originally, and every time I try to
make a new kernel it's much bigger than what's on the xt.i image.
Does anyone know how I can find this out.. or have any suggestions for
redoing the bootdisk. Thanks.

--
Michelle Weber
umweber@mcs.drexel.edu