Brent R. Matzelle on Thu, 19 Aug 1999 17:32:19 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Proxy Server

Yes, I did specify the address in the browser, and
that's where the problem lies.  No PC's (Win32
included) can connect to http or ftp sites without
BOTH the MS Proxy Client installed and the proxy
configuration specified.  Since there is no Unix
version of MS Proxy Client I'm stuck for the time
being.  And I know that the computer and browser is
working properly because I can view the school web
site and mail server, but cannot view any outside
links.  Maybe if I understood what the Proxy Client
does for routing packets over the network I could find
some sort of solution to the problem.  Any
suggestions?