Chris McDonough on Sat, 21 Aug 1999 22:58:43 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] Re: Proxy Server

I put this link in a response to this thread earlier this week but I think
you may have thought it was a sig or something:

http://www.inet.no/dante/

This is a socks proxy that also comes with a client program that may let you
use a winsock proxy such as MS Proxy natively under Linux.  I've never used
it, but it seems to be able to do what you need.

Use this if your IT admin is Linux-unfriendly, otherwise try to convince him
to use the Web Proxy service in addition to the winsock proxy he's already
running so you can get out by specifying the proxy server address under
Netscape, et. al.

see ya,

Chris