Kevin Hill on Tue, 24 Aug 1999 17:23:50 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] followup.. BIND question...

The best solution is to have your firewall admin install the ip_masq_ftp
module so that the Linux box takes care of all that itself.  It puts
some overhead on the actual packet transfers but provides the end users
with all the capabilities they need and doesn't force them to read a man
page (which is a totally alien concept to end users).

- khill

Aaron Brown wrote:

> Hmmm, ok thanks, I will look into it.
>
> --
> -Rune
>
> Einsteins theory of Relativity mean that no matter what direction you go
> in life you have a relative that has a theory...
>
> In the Depths of the minds of the insane Fantasy and Reality are the
> same...
>
> On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, Kyle Burton wrote:
>
> :Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 12:54:12 -0400 (EDT)
> :From: Kyle Burton <mortis@voicenet.com>
> :To: plug@lists.nothinbut.net
> :Subject: Re: [Plug] followup.. BIND question...
> :
> :Yes, but it's not available under slowlaris.  They didn't implement it in
> :their ftp client.
> :
> :what can you do?
> :
> : - get sources for ftp, and see if you can build you own?
> : - use ssh, sftp, or scp
> : - use kermit?  if you can telnet across the firewall, and you have
> :   kermit available to you on both ends, you can transfer the file that
> :   way
> : - read the HOWTO/FAQ on using term to perice a firewall (requires telnet)
> :
> :
> :k
> :
> :------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> :"We are all born originals -- why is it so many of us die copies?"
> :    -- Edward Young
> :mortis@voicenet.com                            http://www.voicenet.com/~mortis
> :------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> :
> :On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, Vale Kenny wrote:
> :
> :> It's a subcommand under ftp itself.  Once logged in, just enter passice at the
> :> ftp> prompt.
> :> Vale
> :>  On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, you wrote:
> :> > The passive command is not available everywhere.  I think it needs to be
> :> > compiled into the program when ftp is installed.  I dont think it is a
> :> > default on a solaris system.  i have been trying to figure out how to get
> :> > passed this for a while now myself.  If anyone knows, please let me know?
> :> >
> :> > Thank You
> :> >
> :> > --
> :> > -Rune
> :> >
> :> > Einsteins theory of Relativity mean that no matter what direction you go
> :> > in life you have a relative that has a theory...
> :> >
> :> > In the Depths of the minds of the insane Fantasy and Reality are the
> :> > same...
> :> >
> :> > On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, Kyle Burton wrote:
> :> >
> [...]
begin:vcard
n:Hill;Kevin
tel;fax:215.283.4942
tel;work:215.283.4877
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.quarterleaf.com/
org:The Sycamore Group;Enterprise Development Division
version:2.1
email;internet:khill@quarterleaf.com
title:Senior Application Architect
adr;quoted-printable:;;580 Virginia Drive=0D=0ASuite 100;Fort Washington;PA;19034;USA
x-mozilla-cpt:;25440
fn:Kevin Hill
end:vcard