Chris Heerschap on Fri, 10 Sep 1999 18:33:52 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] Re: the voicenet/dsl saga

> If you're considering Voicenet, dont bother. This reminds me more of a
> bad racket than a serious business. I've absolutely no desire to support

Aren't there Voicenet folks on this list?

Either way, I have Voicenet for basic dialup and only keep it because
of the shell.  Pretty dumb, yes, but it's what I do right now.  I have
to say that every time I've dealt with them I felt like I was talking
to a wall.  Trying to get little things done was a royal pain in the
ass... and no matter who I talked to I got treated like a soccer mom
who doesn't know that the little tray that comes out of the computer is
*not* for holding cups.  Even telling them I'm a sysad has not helped.

Oh well.  They seem to be okay for simple dialup and connectivity and
such, but don't seem to want to be bothered with much else.

cmh
--
Chris Heerschap - UNIX Systems Mutilator/Postmaster
     mailto:Heerschap@eng.kns.com