Tom Joyce on Fri, 10 Sep 1999 19:18:21 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Multi IP addresses

Hi,
I wanted to have unique IP addresses for each domain instead of resolving
each domain to my IP.

I did add the Virtual host containers as stated below but when I tried going
to that specific IP address before I added the alias it would say server not
found.

What I did, straight from the HOWTO {IP-Alias} is :

>From root typed:
 /sbin/ifconfig eth0:0 the_new_IP
Then typed:
/sbin/route add -host the_new_IP dev eth0:0

Since my ISP had these IPs coming to my machine already, I added the Virtual
host containers to my httpd.conf file and it now works.

Tom