Brent on Thu, 16 Sep 1999 09:58:53 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Is there a GOOD browser out there?

Hmmm, I've seen those other browsers and I'm looking for a quick, stable,
graphically enhanced browser.  I love Opera but I'll have to wait a while
before it comes out.  And yes, I do test with multiple browsers thus making web
development very difficult considering that most users have win32 systems.

On Thu, 16 Sep 1999, you wrote:
> The issue is not a browser that is more stable, but with what level of
>    support?  You've already tossed Lynx out by requiring GUI, but you may
>    find an acceptable browser at browserwatch.internet.com ... I've used
>    Chimera, Arena/Amaya and Phoenix (not listed?).
>
>    Generally, my use of those other browsers is when I need a lightweight
>    browser with source and/or graphic support, otherwise I use Lynx.
>
>    You're doing web developing ... do you test with multiple browsers??
>
>    andrew.  (brennan@auhs.edu)
>
>    HAL's last concert ('Daisy Daisy') in October!  Buy your tickets now!!
>
> On Thu, 16 Sep 1999, Brent wrote:
>
> > Can anyone tell me where I might find a browser that's more stable than
> > Netscape Navigator that isn't strickly text-based?  What about HotJava?
> > Thanks.

Web Developer
Tel: 610.225.3118
Web: http://matzelle.net