Michael W. Ryan on Tue, 21 Sep 1999 14:16:00 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] MCP

On Tue, 21 Sep 1999, Sean R. Cummins wrote:

> Anyway, some good resources for you might be the Coriolis Exam Cram books

Yes, Coriolis.  Those are the ones I was referring to.  They're very good.

> The Transcenders are just simulated exams.  They usually have like 3
> different question sets per exam.  They cost about $100 (which is the same
> price as taking the actual test), but if you buy a set of them you can
> get them for slightly cheaper.  There are also a lot of sites out there
> that have "braindumps" -- people take the test, and right after they're
> done they type everything out that they can think of that was on the test.
> Just run a search for MCSE braindump or something like that.

Transcender tests are nigh unto impossible to find now, as they in the
middle of being sued by Microsoft (the methods used to obtain the
questions are illegal and in violation of the aggreement you make when you
take a test).  Most of the braindump sites are in a similar boat.

Michael W. Ryan, MCP, MCT     | OTAKON 1999
mryan@netaxs.com              | Convention of Otaku Generation
http://www.netaxs.com/~mryan/ | http://www.otakon.com/

PGP fingerprint: 7B E5 75 7F 24 EE 19 35  A5 DF C3 45 27 B5 DB DF
PGP public key available by fingering mryan@unix.netaxs.com (use -l opt)