Darxus on Tue, 21 Sep 1999 14:50:30 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] MCP

Thank you all for your helpful input, I really appreciate the responce.

Several of you have recommended the Coriolis Exam Cram books, and it
sounds like this is from experience, having passed tests using these ?

My frustration is that I am very fond of O'Reilly, and as Jason pointed
out (thanks Jason), they have a book "MCSE: The Core Exams in a Nutshell"
--

"MCSE: The Core Exams in a Nutshell is a detailed quick reference for
administrators with Windows NT experience or experience administering a

So I would tend to go for the Coriolis Exam Cram books based on your
experiences, but MCSE: The Core Exams in a Nutshell based on my fondness
for O'Reilly books.  So I'm torn.  Does anybody have any experience with
this O'Reilly book ?

On Tue, 21 Sep 1999, Michael W. Ryan wrote:

> It all depends on the tests.  Some are easier than others.  I would make
> sure that your boss is only requiring MCP certification and not MCSE
> (Microsoft Certified System Engineer), which requires six tests.

I know the difference between MCP & MCSE.  I'd believed that he only
required an MCP, but I just heard a rumour he specifically wants the NT
Server test passed.  Just sent email asking what it is he actually wants.

          Join the Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search
                http://www.mersenne.org/prime.htm