Morgan Wajda-Levie on Thu, 23 Sep 1999 22:32:40 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] I figured out how free high speed internet access for everyone will happen

On Thu, Sep 23, 1999 at 04:37:27PM -0400, Darxus wrote:
> Yeah, I believe 2.1's latest stable.
>
> Yeah, from ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dists/README
> stable, or slink    - the released Debian 2.1

2.1 is pretty worthless.  If you want an even close to up to date
dist, you have to run potato.  That's the only major problem with
Debian, as potato does have bugs crop up.  If Debian were faster about
getting a new stable out (six times a year?), it would be much nicer.

Beyond that, I still love Debian.  apt is wonderful, and I avoid
dselect.  It seems to me that Debian also has more directly supported
packages than RedHat.  A huge number of Red Hat programs are only
available as contrib rpms, which don't always work too well.

--
Morgan Wajda-Levie
http://www.worldaxes.com/wajdalev