Xtian Betz on Mon, 27 Sep 1999 17:12:06 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] certification

this may be a bit off topic but I thought that the plug people would be the
best to ask.

I would like to get a CNA, but I have almost no experience with novell.
What is the cheapest way that I can pass the exam(s) and how do the tests
work? What does it take to get certified? I have heard different things
about the difficulty of the test. There is no way I can afford a thousand
dollar course but I am willing to spend 200-300 dollars on materials(books,
tapes, whatever). I really just want to know who has done this (gotten a
CNA just by reading books).

While on the topic, has anybody done the same thing with A+? MCSE? Could
anybody point me to a place where I could find information on certification?

Finally, what is everyone's opinion of Linux Certification? Has anyone
actually taken the test?

-Xtian Betz