Nick R on Mon, 4 Oct 1999 01:01:05 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] I hope this won't cause a distro war, but...

Thx for the offer, but I opted for the Linux Mall Mega Pack. 8 Linux Distros, FreeBSD, & a bumper sticker, $25 w/ s&h. Now I only need a few mo
-Laktar, a.k.a. Nick Rosen, laktar.dyndns.org

If I Ever Became An Evil Overlord:
88. If a group of henchmen fail miserably at a task, I will not berate them
for incompetence then send the same group out to try the task again.
-- Peter's Evil Overlord List, http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.htmlre HDs to take advantage.

From: Darxus <darxus@op.net>
To: plug@lists.nothinbut.net
Subject: Re: [Plug] I hope this won't cause a distro war, but...
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 22:35:06 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 3 Oct 1999, Morgan Wajda-Levie wrote:

> repackaged CD from places like Cheapbytes and Linux Mall for under $5

When I bought RedHat I got it from http://www.cheapbytes.com, when I
bought Debian, I bought it from http://www.lsl.com.au

I didn't use cheapbytes for Debian because they didn't offer the Official
Debian CD.  A lot of places offer modified CDs.. I suppose they've got
some kind of improvements, but that's not what I wanted... I wanted the
official thing, that totally matched the online documentation.

Obnoxiously cheap....  I opted to do the $5 optional donation when I
bought Debian.  So the Debian folks got $5 from me, and RedHat got $0 :)
(Yes, this is legal and just and the way the GPL meant it to be)

Actually... I have a pair of Debian 2.1 stable CDs right here, if you want
me to burn a copy & bring them next wednesday.

          Join the Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search
                http://www.mersenne.org/prime.htm