Mental on Sun, 17 Oct 1999 17:36:35 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Question on ADSL

----- Original Message -----
From: Greg Weber <angler@voicenet.com>
To: <plug@lists.nothinbut.net>
Sent: Sunday, October 17, 1999 5:20 PM
Subject: Re: [Plug] Question on ADSL

> I know, The PLUG had warned me about Voicenet, but I had been happy with
> then so far.  However, I can no longer recommend them.

I pretty much ranted for days about the crap I've dealt with. My DSL is
finally here (and it rocks) but the nonsense I went through in the mean time
was uncalled for. If not for the fact that I'm completely burned out on
thinking about DSL, I'd be changing providers. I probably will in a month or
2. Uunet and Concentric both were very responsive.

Right now I'm more concerned with finding a decent news server. Voicenets
bites. Its pretty much a joke. They purge articles too frequently to get any
kind of multipart post. Mindspring had some of the best news servers I've
had the pleasure of using. So, if anyone has recomendations for decent news
servers, I'd be glad to hear about it. I'm looking for a decent selection of
binarys groups. Specificly the *.mp3 groups :) Sorry, but thats just a
priority for me.

Now that its all installed and working the thought of jumping through more
hoops to change providers is just stomach turning. Bottom line: Dont use
voicenet. At all.

Jason S.